Our contested estates team appreciates that the death of a family member or close friend is an upsetting and distressing event. Such distress can be compounded if the individual’s estate fails to provide for you, particularly if you were reliant upon your friend or relative for a home or financial support. Alternatively, you may have been provided with an interest in the estate but others are seeking to challenge this.
It can also be a stressful time for those who are appointed as the Personal Representatives to an estate as they attempt to navigate their way through the administration process. Personal Representatives must be mindful of their legal obligations and duties to act once they are notified of a potential claim against the estate.
At Thursfields solicitors, we appreciate the need to secure sound legal advice at an early stage. Our dedicated Contested Estates team has experience of dealing with the full range of disputed estate matters in a sympathetic yet pragmatic manner to include:-
- Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975 claims.
- Challenging the validity of a Will (including lack of testamentary capacity, want of knowledge and approval, undue influence or duress, fraud or forgery).
- Applications concerning the interpretation and construction of wills.
- Disputes arising as a consequence of missing or lost wills.
- Executor/trustee disputes.
- Professional negligence actions (concerning disappointed beneficiaries, or arising out of advice regarding trusts, wills and estates).
- Rectification of wills.
- Estoppel claims.
Should you require advice and assistance on any of the above issues do please get in touch with Katherine Ellis, Senior Associate Solicitor on 0121 647 5419 or email firstname.lastname@example.org