Thursfields have a dedicated department relating to children matters. Our experienced team of lawyers can deal with the delicate matter of children upon their parents’ separation or divorce.
Our child law experts can assist you with any number of issues listed below:
- Child Arrangement Orders (formally known as Residence and Contact Orders); deciding where and with whom a child will live and how much time they will spend with each parent.
- Prohibited Steps Orders.
- Specific Issue Orders.
- Parenting Plans.
- Change of Name (for children and adults).
- Grandparent’s Rights; we can offer expert advice to grandparents on their position.
- Parental Responsibility Orders; applying to the Court to prevent a parent from doing something such as removing the child from the country to another jurisdiction.
- Step Parent Agreements.
- Holiday Arrangements.
- Domestic Abuse.
- Involvement with Children’s Services (or Social Services).
- Injunctive Orders (non-molestation and occupation orders).
- Abduction/Kidnap/Removal from England and Wales.
- Child Maintenance.
Thursfields will be your guide at each step of these processes, whether it is a breakdown in communication following separation, enforcing an existing order or establishing a routine, we will be there every step of the way.
We have experience in advising on complex disputes, including a recent matter involving:
- Clinical evidence relating to the needs of children;
- psychiatric evidence relating to a party; and
- an implacably hostile mother or father.
Our lawyers also have experience in dealing with appeals in relation to children matters. We have the ability to prepare and identify when it is appropriate for an appeal to be made. Our lawyers will work tirelessly in ensuring that matters are raised within the tight deadline which is afforded to parties after a Court appointment.
I have had the pleasure of working with Hollie for a number of years; I have always found her to be extremely diligent, approaching each client as an individual. I have never known Hollie to give less than 100%. I know from direct experience in Court that clients appreciate the honest and empathetic approach adopted by Hollie. I have no hesitation in recommending Hollie, or Thursfields.”
Craig Jeakings, Barrister, Harcourt Chambers
Thursfields are recommended as a leading firm in the Legal 500 for Children law