Thursfields’ insolvency and debt recovery team is known for providing high quality pragmatic advice whilst remaining focused on the commercial interests of our clients.
We act for a number of major accountancy practices advising on their formal appointments as administrators, liquidators or scheme supervisors. In addition to advising insolvency practitioners, our insolvency and debt recovery team also advises company directors as to the prospect of corporate restructure and where this is not a possibility, the implications of corporate failure.
Our insolvency and debt recovery team are able to assist in all types of corporate insolvency issues, some of the team’s recent experience includes:
- Advising a large international accountancy practice on its ability to make distributions under a voluntary scheme of arrangement under which it was appointed supervisor.
- Advising a London based insolvency firm in connection with the liquidation of a large wholesalers of foods, specifically in relation to a potential preference claim with an approximate value of £700,000 and the retrospective sanction of the sale of its assets for £500,000.
- Advising a local insolvency practitioner in connection with the validity of his appointment as administrator of an unregistered company.
- Advising the former directors of a large supplier of machinery and engine parts on the sale of assets out of administration and associated advice such as personal guarantee liability.
- Advising the liquidators of a retail fashion outlet in connection with a potential claim against a well known insurance company for failure to pay compensation to the company on the grounds that its director was guilty of conspiracy to defraud.
- Advising the world’s largest litigation funders in connection with the purchase of a right of action from a national accountancy practice and the successful recovery of assets from the former director of the company in liquidation.
I have always found Lauren to be thoroughly professional and she always gives exemplary advice. The combined knowledge within the Commercial Team means that they are able to advise on all aspects of a deal whether it combines property, recovery or employee issues; always willing to go the extra mile for their clients to ensure that the deal is done.”
Carrie James, Harrisons