The team offers expertise and considerable experience in a number of different areas of commercial disputes, frequently advising on high value and complex disputes, often opposing city firms who have commented that we “punch above our weight”.
Thursfields seek to understand our client’s business and be sensitive to the commercial pressures which exert themselves so heavily in the commercial world. We are of course business people ourselves.
Some of the types of commercial disputes we can assist you with include the following:
- Contract disputes.
- Supply of goods and services.
- Warranty claims.
- Franchise disputes.
- Freezing injunctions and search orders.
- Employment related injunctions and restrictive covenant disputes.
- Shareholder disputes.
- Partnership disputes.
Our lawyers’ recent experience includes:
- Acting for an uninsured sole proprietor of a consultancy business, on the defence of £3m professional negligence claim. This matter is still ongoing.
- Acting for a high profile liquidator in a professional negligence/breach of duty claim against a predecessor who had been removed from office. The case involved working independently of the main protagonists in the case (the creditors and the former liquidator) but also working closely with and against each of them.
- The main case is reported at Top Brands Ltd v Sharma; Re Mama Milla Ltd (in creditors voluntary liquidation)  EWHC 2753 (Ch),  All ER (D) 32 (Aug)
Thursfields are recommended as a leading firm in the Legal 500 for Commercial law