We advise on share, business and asset acquisitions and disposals, management buy-outs, takeovers and reverse takeovers (including public company transactions to which the City Code on Takeovers and Mergers applies).
Our team provides high quality and proactive advice at every stage of a transaction, from carrying out legal due diligence to negotiating the sale and purchase agreement.
Our corporate lawyers work closely with our other teams across the firm (including property, employment and intellectual property specialists) to ensure that every aspect of a transaction is covered. We also work with your accountants to ensure that a transaction is structured in the most tax efficient way.
Our lawyers’ recent experience includes:
- Advising Turbine Engineering Services Ltd on the acquisition of assets from a private equity backed aerospace multinational.
- Advising on the sale of a Herefordshire based tool and plant hire company.
- Advising on the sale of locally owned vehicle data group (including overseas subsidiaries) to a UK based investor for approximately £3 million.
- Advising a Danish energy major on the sale of an interest in an offshore windfarm project to a Japanese investment bank for approximately £200 million.
- Advising a UK based oil and gas company on its takeover by a European energy major (effected by way of scheme of arrangement) valuing the target at approximately £10 million with subsequent acquisition of North Sea oil and gas assets.
- Advising various AIM listed companies in the energy, natural resources and pharmaceuticals sectors on acquisitions and disposals, including reverse takeovers.
I was greatly impressed by the depth of knowledge and the professionalism of the Thursfields team and the high level of service provided. Without this, the challenging target deadlines could not have been achieved. I do not think the process could have been handled better and I would have no hesitation in using the services of Thursfields again or indeed recommending Thursfields to friends and colleagues.”
Jon Sugden, MD - Simply Lets