We regularly advise on intra-group transfers of assets and shares, direct and indirect demergers, schemes of arrangement and many of the procedures often used in conjunction with a reorganisation including share buybacks, capital reductions and other changes to share capital.
Group reorganisations are often carried out to simplify a group structure or achieve a tax saving. Whatever the driver behind the transaction, we will work with your tax and accounting advisers to ensure that your objectives are met.
Our lawyers’ recent experience includes:
- Advising a Hereford based company on an indirect demerger followed by a share for share exchange.
- Advising an AIM listed UK oil and gas company on a share buyback implemented by way of tender offer and related restructuring.
- Advising a Worcestershire based company on a capital reduction to boost distributable reserves followed by a share buyback.
- Advising a UK oil and gas group on a group reorganisation (including intra-group transfer of assets and dissolution of a number of companies in the group structure) to rationalise the group structure and improve tax efficiency.
- Advising a Herefordshire based tool and plant hire company on a pre-sale reorganisation (including intra-group transfer of assets and stock).