Does Thursfields sound like the right firm for you? Are you aligned with our values and ethos? If so we want to hear from you. We are always looking for new talent to welcome to the team and to join us on our exciting growth journey.
About the job
Main Purpose of Job:
To provide administrative support to the Solihull office and, to work competently as a legal secretary in the Central services department assisting the workforce with general day to day dictation and administrative duties.
Responsibilities, Duties and Tasks
Reception duties – greeting clients, directing clients to meeting rooms, client hospitality including making drinks and arranging client lunches, answering and directing calls, taking accurate messages, opening and distributing post, compiling outgoing post, preparing meeting rooms, taking client payments.
- Administration of files;
- Dictation of tasks from the centralised services ‘hub’.
- To support the team with administrative tasks and action work as delegated by supervisor;
- Carrying out ID Documentation Checks;
- Client relationship management at the start and end of the relationship;
- Provide telephone support and direct client queries to the relevant team;
- Opening new instructions accurately and within service standards;
- Ensure work issues or problems are reported immediately;
- File opening and closing;
- Any other tasks required to support the team or requested by management and such other duties as commensurate with the role;
- To ensure that outstanding client care is given at all times and to maintain a highly professional approach;
- To manage all documents methodically and efficiently and in accordance with the Firm’s procedures and the LEXCEL quality mark requirements;
- Arrange posting/DX as necessary
- Audio-typing and other secretarial duties to support the the Business
- A minimum of 5 GCSEs at Grade A*-C or equivalent including both Maths and English
- Evidence of Higher level/Further learning
- An interest in working in a legal services environment
- Must have good organisational skills
- Must have good attention to detail
- Good numerical, IT and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Audio typing skills
- Word, Outlook, Excel skills
- Ability to work with a practice management system
- Professional telephone manner
- Take responsibility for managing a busy role
- Ability to work under pressure
- Polite and Punctual
- Previous work experience involving people services is useful but not essential
- Able to use initiative.
- Calm under pressure
- A professional and friendly manner
- Willingness and ability to learn on the job
- Approachable, confident and reliable
- Hardworking, eager to learn and develop new skills
- Teamworker with a flexible, professional attitude
The postholder will be based at our Solihull office but must be willing to travel between the Firm’s offices as necessary, from time to time if required in order to undertake their duties.