Does Thursfields sound like the right firm for you? Are you aligned with our values and ethos? If so we want to hear from you. We are always looking for new talent to welcome to the team and to join us on our exciting growth journey.
- Handling all types of residential property transactions; including sales, purchases, transfers of equity, re-mortgages, equity release and lease extensions;
- Specific experience in new build plot sales, including drafting site set up documentation; plot contracts, transfers of part and leases of part, setting up management companies, liaising with managing agents, deeds of easement, freehold apartment block sales and infrastructure agreements;
- Experience with new build purchase transactions, including dealing with the Help to Buy Equity Loan Scheme, including drafting and submitting Sol Form 1 and Sol Form 2 and full knowledge of Help to Buy Equity Loan redemptions, including the requirements of Target HCA;
- Dealing with Shared Ownership transactions and Help to Buy and Lifetime ISA’s;
- Generating new clients through networking and word of mouth;
- Ensuring that client communication is proactive, professional and leads to satisfied clients; assisting with enquiries from clients, Solicitors and Estate Agents, whether on the telephone, in person or via email/web enquiries and taking ownership of any action required;
- Compliance with the lender’s requirements at all times relating to panel membership;
- To proactively identify and initiate additional complementary services to add value to the clients transaction.
- A qualified residential property Solicitor/CILEX;
- Evidence of continuing professional development in their area of expertise;
- Experience and a keen interest in business development.
- Good knowledge in a wide range of UK residential property law issues;
- Experience of new build plot sales and plot purchases;
- Knowledge and experience advising in relation to sales and purchases of freehold and leasehold residential property, auction sales and purchases, re-mortgages, Help to Buy transactions and transfers of equity including managing client and lender requirements;
- The candidate must demonstrate enthusiasm and experience/knowledge in business development, including building and maintaining strong client and referrer relationships.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to deliver a strongly client-focussed service, giving timely practical legal solutions to client problems;
- Work with paperless files;
- A team player working within a team with three experienced Conveyancers;
- Ability to handle own caseload independently with minimal daily supervision;
- Ability to organise own files and supervise support staff to ensure efficient delivery of service;
- Take responsibility for financial management of own files, record time and ensure all bills are delivered and followed up in an efficient manner;
- Good IT and word processing skills;
- Ability to use the firms case management system to best effect in order to manage their case load (training will be provided);
- The ability to identify and initiate cross selling opportunities;
- Ability to work under pressure.
To express interest in this role and for more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org