About the job
We have focused on growth in the Commercial Property Department over the past year and now have a strong offering to our Commercial Property clients in the West Midlands.
To work competently as a dedicated Commercial Property Senior Associate Solicitor in the Commercial Property Department alongside an highly experienced Commercial Property Director.
To fulfill the role in a wide range of UK commercial property law issues, acting as a commercially-minded “Business Adviser” to the client;
To help seek opportunities for new work through local business development and to meet your agreed personal business objectives and targets;
To support the general development of the Firm and in particular its Commercial Services offering by working collaboratively with colleagues to provide a full service offering to clients.
RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES AND TASKS
To provide accurate and commercial property law advice to clients; including but not limited to advising in relation to sale, purchase, leasing and re-financing of business premises, commercial developments and unit sales, advising on pre-emption, option and promotion agreements, s106 Agreements, commercial licenses, and easements;
- To handle matters from the initial client contact through to completion;
- To actively generate new business for the Firm;
- To build and maintain strong client and referrer relationships;
- Deal with matter related enquiries;
To assist with the development of the Firm’s commercial property law expertise through:
- Networking within the business community and to key referral sources in order to develop a high profile for commercial work;
- Contributing ideas to the Firm’s marketing strategy for winning new work and implementing agreed initiatives;
- Carrying forward the department’s ongoing projects;
- Helping organise and deliver seminars to clients, contacts and colleagues from time to time;
- Writing articles for submission to local publications/Firm’s website/newsletter for clients and contacts and participating in Press releases with clients.
- To provide accurate legal advice and assistance to the Firm’s existing clients, whilst developing your own client base;
- To work efficiently as a fee earner within the department;
- To utilise the Firm’s case management system to best effect in order to manage your case load;
- To record time and bill clients in line with agreed practice policy and charging rates
- To identify and initiate cross-selling opportunities;
- To exercise your initiative and be proactive in the business development of the Firm generally;
- To ensure that outstanding client care is given at all times and to maintain a highly professional approach;
- To manage all files methodically and efficiently and in accordance with the Firm’s procedures and the LEXCEL quality mark requirements;
- To undertake colleagues’ file reviews in a timely manner, if required to do so;
- To comply with the Firm’s various policies and procedures as specified in the current edition of the Staff Handbook;
- To ensure the confidentiality and security of all practice and client’s documentation and/or information;
- To take responsibility for your own personal and professional development and ensure compliance with any compulsory professional education requirements;
- To assist with the supervision of support staff within the department (where applicable) and encourage support staff in their development and training;
- To undertake such other duties, training and/or hours of work commensurate with the role.
- Existing Client Base
- Commercial approach;
- Team player;
- Confident at winning work;
- Strong technical abilities;