Thursfields has a specialist technology team which is dedicated to providing practical, legal and commercial solutions to businesses working in this sector and more generally, all businesses that have applied technology to improve their functions and service delivery to customers.
We also help tech start-up businesses with their aggressive growth strategies to become more appealing to external investors by advising on SEIS and EIS schemes, and with meeting the demands of venture capital and other forms of private equity investment.
Technology brings opportunity and innovation to business, but it also raises compliance and regulatory issues including data protection, freedom of information, intellectual property licensing and outsourcing issues. We understand the challenges faced by our clients operating in the technology sector. Our impressive combination of technical skill, commerciality and sector awareness allows us to provide an outstanding level of service.
We provide corporate, commercial, intellectual property, employment, commercial property, dispute resolution and insolvency services to our clients in this sector. Thursfields also have an experienced team of lawyers who can look after the wealth protection and personal matters of business owners and entrepreneurs.
Some examples of recent sector work carried out by our lawyers include:
- Advising a broadband supplier on a £12m private equity investment with funding provided by the National Digital Infrastructure Fund.
- Assisting a client with the preparation of a TaaS (Team as a Service) agreement.
- Representing a software developer in connection with the licensing of a medical records database solution to a local PCT.
- Advising a further education college on the sale of its intellectual property in an intranet solution.
- Preparing an agreement for the agile development and delivery of a CRM system.
- Advising organisations on their obligations under GDPR and preparing compliant privacy statement and data processing agreement.
- Acting for a major Manutech group in the negotiation of a manufacturing licence in respect of energy efficient plant rooms.
- Drafting an agile software development agreement for a cloud based developer.
- Drafting terms of supply for a digital services supplier.
- Outsourced legal services supplied to a digital media and events company.
- Project specific agreements prepared for a manufacturer of home security systems which link to a mobile app solution to remotely record images and sound.
- Drafting technical support and management terms for an IT supplier.
- Advising an internet service provider on its agreements with a major telecoms provider in respect of a rural broadband solution.
- Advising a telecoms provider with commercial and regulatory issues arising from a malicious data breach.
- Advising a national franchisor with its obligations under GDPR and rolling this out to its franchise network.
- Advising an investor in connection with an EIS investment in an established film and video production company.
- Preparing a suite of supply terms for a data centre providing hosting, broadband, VoIP, telecoms and storage solutions.
- Advising a national distributor on issues arising from a Google AdWords campaign.
- Providing a set of terms and conditions for a social media provider.
- Advising a call centre in the automotive sector on an outsourced software development project.
- Preparing SAAS terms for a cloud based CRM solution operating in the automotive sector.
- Acting for a data centre in connection with a dispute with one of its tenants.
- Representing a PLC in a telecommunication systems hardware dispute.
- Terms and conditions, privacy statements and cookie policies for a variety of websites
Getting clear, concise and strategic legal advice from a sector specialist is a must for all proactive businesses working within the technology sector. Bringing Thursfields on board as part of your successful team could be vital in moving it forwards. Contact us today for a free, no obligation discussion on how we can help you protect and add value to your business.
Jane Rudge – https://www.thursfields.co.uk/person/jane-rudge/ (Worcestershire / Black County)
Stuart Price – https://www.thursfields.co.uk/person/stuart-price/ (Birmingham / Warwickshire/ Staffordshire)