Technology brings opportunity and innovation to business, but it also raises compliance and regulatory issues including data protection, freedom of information, intellectual property and outsourcing issues. We understand the challenges faced by our clients operating in the technology and creative industry sectors. Our impressive combination of technical skill and sector awareness allows us to provide an outstanding level of service.
We provide corporate, commercial, intellectual property, employment, commercial property, dispute resolution and insolvency services to our clients in this sector. Thursfields also have an experienced team of lawyers who can look after the wealth protection and personal matters of business owner and entrepreneurs.
Some examples of recent sector work carried out by our lawyers include:
- Advising an internet service provider on its agreements with a major telecoms provider in respect of a rural broadband solution.
- Representing a software developer in connection with the licensing of a medical records database solution to a local PCT.
- Acting for a further education college on the sale of its intellectual property in an intranet solution.
- Advising a music production company on its recording, production and publishing agreements.
- Advising organisations on data protection obligations including those involved with corporate acquisitions/disposals.
- Successfully representing a company against a trademark infringement caused by a former director.
- Acting for a major group in negotiating a manufacturing licence in respect of energy efficient plant rooms.
- Numerous UK and EU wide trademark applications for companies operating in manufacturing, technology and food industries.
- Representing a well established GWP developer in connection with its day to day legal requirements (including licensing to third parties and outsourcing).
- Advising on the ownership and commercialisation of an internet streaming platform.
Thursfields is an authorised associate of Birmingham University working with incubation businesses operating from the “Bizz Inn” on the University campus. Our technology, entertainment and media sector team is led by senior lawyer Stuart Price, who has over 25 years’ experience of commercial and intellectual property work. Stuart regularly lectures at local colleges and universities for students who arestudying music, TV, film and creative industries courses and want to understand the interaction with business.
Getting clear, concise and strategic legal advice from a sector specialist is a must for all proactive businesses working within the technology and media market place. Bringing Thursfields on board as part of your successful team could be vital in moving it forwards. Contact us today for a free, no obligation discussion on how we can help you protect and add value to your business.
To contact Stuart, please call 0121 227 3867 / 07759 252544 or email:email@example.com