Our New Homes Division is led by Louise Jones, Head of New Homes, who has extensive knowledge of new build property. She is supported by Conveyancing Executive Alison Collins and between them they have substantial expertise in all aspects of new build transactions with them both having worked for one of the UK’s largest housebuilders for over 20 years. Their ability to provide timely and effective advice ensures that they are able to guide their clients through the most complex of transactions in a smooth and stress free manner.
Thursfields’ New Homes Division incorporates an expert legal team who are extremely experienced in working with developers, housebuilders and landowners by providing a high standard of service to ensure that your sale or purchase of a new build property is progressed and dealt with as quickly as possible.
We recognise that an uncertain economic climate, government policy and housing needs in the UK are fuelling the necessity to ‘keep Britain building’ which is why our team of new build experts are dedicated to delivering up to date legal advice and commercial solutions for residential development projects of all sizes.
Here at Thursfields, we will provide a seamless service for our clients from the land acquisition to supporting its development and onward plot sales. Our experience is underpinned by a wealth of knowledge on supporting initiatives, such as the government’s Help to Buy initiative.
Our areas of expertise include;
- Our Commercial Property team will manage the due diligence required prior to a client’s site acquisition or advise on option agreements pending a planning application.
- Advising on development easements.
- Liaising with lenders in relation to development finance.
- Advising on development management company set-up.
- Assisting developers or house builders on Help to Buy registration.
- Liaising with your local council regarding infrastructure agreements.
- Representing you and ensuring you are benefited in any joint venture agreement that you may have with another company.
- Advising on Land Promotion Agreements as an alternative to Option Agreements.
- Advising on Part-Exchange.
- Advising on Planning and Section 106 Agreements between you and your local authority.
- Assisting and advising on Private Equity.
- Offering expert legal advice on Site Set Up and Development Plot Sales.
It’s not just what we do, it’s the way we do it. Here’s what our clients have to say about us….
“Louise came out to the development, donned a hard hat and discussed with us the legalities of selling new build properties. We have been really pleased with the service that we have received from Louise and her team.”
Jon Westwood, Project Manager for Vicarage Farm Estates
“We were always sure that Louise had everything under control with our new build purchase. She made the process as easy as it could have been for us. We are very happy with the service provided and would not hesitate to recommend Thursfields to others.”
Adam Wisher and Craig Burns
“I have been really impressed by Louise’s ability to set up the development and Management Company for me to enable the marketing of the properties”
Fara Gohari, Managing Director of Beechnut Enterprises Limited
“Alison was extremely helpful. She would sort problems I would have out quickly”.
“Most helpful in every way. Always ready to answer any queries. Can’t fault anybody, all did a good job, very pleased with the service”.
Leslie and Jean Briscoe
“All team members were very professional and made the process really easy and straightforward for someone buying for the first time. Excellent customer care from Louise Jones and Alison Collins. Thank you”.
Thursfields have also received industry recognition, having been awarded the Birmingham Law Society ‘Law Firm of the Year’ Award in 2016.
Recent deals have included;
- Assembling a residential development site for a total of 42 leasehold apartments and their subsequent sales;
- Negotiating the purchase of two parcels of land and thereafter the development and sale of 9 residential units;
- Purchase of a large barn complex to include their subsequent sale, formation of a management company for the common parts and negotiation and drafting of an easement for the services for the site;
- Refinancing a development site to release funds for further acquisitions;
- Nominated panel firm for a large UK housebuilder and acting for purchasers of properties in a new retirement complex.
Meet the New Homes Team;
Louise Jones, Head of Residential Property
Alison Collins, Conveyancing Executive
Tony Gibb, Head of Commercial Property
For any new build enquiry please contact Louise Jones on 0121 796 4021 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Alison Collins on 0121 6475264 or at email@example.com.
We don’t just help builders and developers we can also help private purchasers with all aspects of any new build purchase including the Help to Buy Initiative and Help to Buy ISA’s.