Therefore we have a wealth of experience acting for UK companies looking to grow overseas and international companies seeking to invest in the UK. Indeed a member of the team recently authored a chapter in UK Trade and Industry’s guide to inward investment in the UK. We also regularly advise on international transactions with an English law element. Not only can we offer great expertise and personal attention, but we do so at rates which are competitive both nationally and regionally.
Examples of recent work carried out by our lawyers include:
- Advising a Danish energy company on the sale of a 49.9% interest in a UK company to a Japanese bank and related shareholder arrangements.
- Advising a UK based commodities trader on the acquisition of a 10% interest in a Nigerian oil and gas explorer by way of subscription for shares and related shareholder arrangements.
- Advising numerous AIM listed companies (both English and overseas incorporated and many with dual listings on a variety of international markets) on their AIM initial public offerings, fundraisings, acquisitions, disposals and exit strategies.
- Advising a UK based property developer on a number of significant overseas real estate transactions.
- Advising the UK subsidiary of a Danish company on a co-operation/agency agreement;
- Advising UK based insolvency practitioners on the realisation of overseas assets and a French company on insolvency issues relating to its UK subsidiaries.
- Providing employment advice to US-based companies wishing to establish a presence in the UK.
- Providing International Family Law advice on a variety of issues including forum shopping and applications to protect children from being taken abroad without the consent of the other parent.
The international team is led by Michelle Chamberlain, who is Thursfields’ commercial services director and an employment law specialist. Michelle joined Thursfields from leading national and international law firm Eversheds. The team also includes Gareth Burge; Gareth is a corporate law specialist and director who joined Thursfields from the London and Singapore offices of leading international law firm Watson, Farley & Williams.
For more information on our international service offering, please call Michelle Chamberlain on 01905 677041 email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Gareth Burge on 01905 677043 or email: email@example.com.