Our clients include land owners, service providers, consultants, exploration and production companies as well as investors.
Our combination of technical skill and sector awareness allows us to provide an outstanding level of service. We understand the issues surrounding, and the challenges faced by, our clients’ businesses.
We can provide you with corporate, commercial, intellectual property, employment, commercial property, dispute resolution and insolvency services. We are particularly experienced in advising clients on corporate transactions within the energy and natural resources sector, including corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions and strategic alliances. Away from commercial requirements our private client teams can also look after the personal needs of our clients, whether they need a will, help to move home or even advice on matrimonial issues.
Some examples of energy and natural resources work carried out by our lawyers include:
- Advising Turbine Engineering Services on the acquisition of manufacturing assets for use in the gas turbine industry from a private equity backed multinational and on various international trade arrangements (involving US and Saudi Arabian counterparties).
- Advising on the sale of a 49.9% interest in an offshore wind farm by a Danish energy major to a Japanese bank for approximately £200 million and on the acquisition of an UK based onshore wind portfolio (including a leading onshore wind farm developer).
- Advising a number of companies in the energy and natural resources sector (including oil and gas exploration and production companies and mining companies) on their admission to AIM, secondary fundraising activities, reverse takeovers and takeovers.
- Advising on the sale of a number of privately owned UK based coal mines, including in South Wales and the north of England.
- Advising various service providers (including to the oil and gas, precious metal and gas turbine industries) on corporate governance, commercial and international trade matters.
Providing HR and employment law support to employers and employees in the energy and natural resources sector.
- Our energy and natural resources team is led by Gareth Burge, a corporate lawyer with a wealth of experience in the sector who joined Thursfields in 2014 from the London office of Watson, Farley & Williams LLP.
To speak to Gareth Burge please call 01905 677043 or send us an online enquiry by email to email@example.com.