The care services team recognises the importance of providing expert commercial advice taking into account the regulatory regime care services operate in. We also understand the challenges facing our clients in relation to compliance matters and issues with the Care Quality Commission.
Our impressive combination of technical skill and sector awareness allows us to provide an outstanding level of service.
We can provide corporate, commercial, intellectual property, employment, commercial property, dispute resolution and insolvency services to our clients in this sector.
Our team also has extensive experience in looking after the personal needs of our clients and their families, whether they need a will, lasting power of attorney, capacity and court of protection or probate advice as well as help with property matters or matrimonial advice.
Some recent examples of our lawyers’ work in the sector include:
- Advising on and protecting branding for a chain of care homes.
- Advising on the acquisition and disposal of care home and healthcare businesses.
- Advising on commercial leases of premises.
- Advising on shareholder and partnership agreements and related matters for health care and care home businesses.
- Successfully defending employment tribunal claims for residential and nursing homes.
- Providing TUPE advice to an early years education and care provider.
- Providing general employment and HR advice to care home businesses.
- Advising on contractual disputes involving care homes.
- Assisting with CQC compliance training as well as staff development training.
- Providing advice and support to care home residents and their families on the full range of private client matters.
Our Care team is led by Michelle Hetheridge. To contact Michelle, please call 0121 227 3850 or email email@example.com