Daniel joined Thursfields in 2015 and works within the award-winning dispute resolution department. Prior to this, Daniel spent 10 years undertaking various in-house roles as a Litigation Executive overseeing a broad range of commercial litigation matters. Consequently, Daniel has a mixed variety of matters, which is generally split 60% contract and consumer, and 40% commercial litigation and defamation matters, and he regularly appears in the County Court as an advocate for most of these. Daniel is able to bring a commercially-adaptive, practical approach to his cases and has been commended for his attention to detail.
Daniel studied with the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives in Worcester and is expecting to qualify as a Chartered Legal Executive in 2019. Daniel is also the current Chair of the LGBTQ+ Committee, appointed with the task of working with Stonewall and other committees to promote and educate the importance of diversity and inclusivity for the LGBTQ+ community, both inside and outside of the workplace.
Daniel is regularly instructed by corporate clients on a wide range of matters and has been involved with claims including:
Contract, Tort, and Agency
- The liability of an agent selling goods under an agency/principal relationship at an undervalue and in breach of that relationship
- Misrepresentation claims
- Unfair contract terms and penalties
- Defamation law, including recovery of damages and advice on pre-publication
- Recovery of fees due under agency agreements or contracts
- Advice in respect of contractual liability and enforceability
- Advice on loans between individuals/family members
- Breach of statutory rights in relation to faulty products, including high-value motorhomes, caravans, cars, and holidays
- Recovering damages in relation to breaches by traders/sellers of goods and/or services
- Disputes relating to quality of works or goods
- Recovery of damages for sale of large-value plant and machinery
- Enforcement of high-value contractual debt including costs awards
- Winding up petitions and corporate insolvency
- Enforcement of judgments
Daniel has a keen interest in applications to set aside judgment, having represented a large number of clients in those applications, and is regularly successful in both prosecuting and opposing them, with a track record of recovering his client’s legal costs within those proceedings where an agreement cannot be reached.