Daniel joined Thursfields in 2015 and works within the award-winning dispute resolution department. Prior to this, Daniel spent 10 years undertaking various in-house roles as a Litigation Executive overseeing a broad range of commercial litigation matters. Consequently, Daniel has a mixed variety of matters, which is generally split 60% contract and consumer, and 40% commercial litigation and defamation matters, and he regularly appears in the County Court as an advocate for most of these. Daniel is able to bring a commercially-adaptive, practical approach to his cases and has been commended for his attention to detail.
Daniel is also the current Chair of the LGBTQ+ Committee, appointed with the task of working with Stonewall and other committees to promote and educate the importance of diversity and inclusivity for the LGBTQ+ community, both inside and outside of the workplace.
Daniel is regularly instructed by corporate clients on a wide range of matters and has been involved with claims including:
Contract, Tort, and Agency
- The liability of an agent selling goods under an agency/principal relationship at an undervalue and in breach of that relationship
- Misrepresentation claims
- Unfair contract terms and penalties
- Defamation law, including recovery of damages and advice on pre-publication
- Recovery of fees due under agency agreements or contracts
- Advice in respect of contractual liability and enforceability
- Advice on loans between individuals/family members
- Breach of statutory rights in relation to faulty products, including high-value motorhomes, caravans, cars, and holidays
- Recovering damages in relation to breaches by traders/sellers of goods and/or services
- Disputes relating to quality of works or goods
- Recovery of damages for sale of large-value plant and machinery
- Enforcement of high-value contractual debt including costs awards
- Winding up petitions and corporate insolvency
- Enforcement of judgments
Daniel has a keen interest in applications to set aside judgment, having represented a large number of clients in those applications, and is regularly successful in both prosecuting and opposing them, with a track record of recovering his client’s legal costs within those proceedings where an agreement cannot be reached.