The death of a family member or close friend is a distressing event. This is compounded if their estate fails to provide for you, particularly if you were reliant on them for a home or financial support. Alternatively, you may have an interest in an estate which others are seeking to challenge. Either way, we appreciate the need to secure sound legal advice at an early stage and we have a wealth of experience in dealing with a full range of disputed estate matters in a sympathetic and pragmatic manner.
Our services include:
- Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975 claims.
- Challenges to the validity of a Will (including lack of capacity, want of knowledge and approval, undue influence or duress, fraud or forgery).
- Executor/Trustee disputes.
- Applications concerning the interpretation and construction of Wills.
- Estoppel claims.
- Professional negligence actions on behalf of disappointed beneficiaries or arising out of negligent advice regarding trusts, wills and estates).
We also provide Legacy and Dispute services for the Charity sector for more information please visit www.thursfields.co.uk/charity-legacy-management